Birds / Bats
I Found Bat Droppings. What Do I Do?
The majority of small droppings in attics and walls are harmless if undisturbed.
It may seem disgusting, but there is no health threat. Bat droppings can sometimes contain a fungus called Histoplasmosis, but the fungus can't grow unless there is a large pile that gets disturbed. Even then, you would have to inhale the spores to even get sick from the droppings.
When Should I Think About Getting The Droppings Cleaned Up?
Bat guano removal, by a bat removal professional, is recommended when:
- There are large accumulations of poop in the house
- Someone in the household has a respiratory illness
- Someone in the household is pregnant, or has small children
- The space is used for storage or playroom
- There is duct work in attic or heating / air system
- There is planned renovation of the area