Radon Remediation in Existing Buildings

What to Do

Buildings with high radon levels require some change in the mechanical systems or in the operation of the building. You should choose a licensed radon mitigation contractor to design and install your system.

The EPA booklet "Consumer's Guide to Radon Reduction" describes the basics of radon remediation in existing structures.

A sealed sump pump lid is key in radon protection. If you have a basement footing drain system with a sump pump see our page about sump pumps and radon.